European Patent Attorney
European Patent Litigator
M.Sc. Aeronautical Engineering
+45 5360 1444
Juan entered the patent profession in early 2012 and, since then, he has been part of both in-house (with a multinational automotive company in Paris) and private practice (with one of Spain’s largest IP firms, an IP boutique in Southern France and a top-tier London IP firm) patent teams.
Juan has extensive experience drafting and prosecuting European patent applications and filing oppositions and appeals with the European Patent Office, and has regularly represented his clients at Oral Proceedings in Munich and The Hague. Likewise, he has prepared a significant amount of infringement and clearance opinions.
Juan has worked with small inventors but mostly with large multinational corporations in the aeronautical industry, the automotive industry and the field of aerosol-generating devices. He has also handled patent work, in Europe and in about 20 international jurisdictions, in industry sectors such as oil extraction methods, lighting devices, heating systems, tobacco-based consumer goods, chemical dispensers and optics, among others.
As a result of Juan’s international profile, he is fluent in English, Spanish and French.
- European Patent Attorney
- Master in European Patent Law at Centre d’Etudes Internationales de la Propriété Intellectuelle (CEIPI)/Escuela de Organización Industrial (EOI)
- M.Sc. Aeronautical Engineering at Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros Aeronáuticos (ETSIA) of the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (UPM), Spain
- Aeronautical industry (such as helicopters, power systems, composite materials, landing gears and aircraft doors)
- Automotive industry
- Lighting devices
- Aerosol-generating devices
- Heating systems (based on different technologies such as surface atomic waves, induction heating, resistive heating and PTC thermistors)
- Dosing systems for chemicals
- Tobacco-based consumer goods
- Business methods
- Medical devices (such as audiology and blood cell analysis)
- Marine industry
- European Patent Institute (EPI)