Johannes entered the patent business in 2012.
Johannes studied law and chemistry with a strong focus on organic and biological chemistry. In patent law firms based in Munich, Germany, he worked as patent attorney and managing partner. Following his entrepreneurial mindset, Johannes founded his own law firm in greater Frankfurt area, Germany, in 2017.
Johannes enjoys keeping a bigger picture in mind. He practices comprehensive consultancy with international clients regarding their patent and brand portfolio. He strongly believes that regular engagement with inventors supports a creative mindset and keeps his network vivid. Johannes is convinced that close contact to each individual client is the decisive success factor for good IP protection. Clients appreciate his solution-oriented approach to IP and his commitment to provide excellent services.
Johannes has extensive experience in all kinds of patent matters, including drafting, filing and prosecution of patents, mainly in the area of in chemistry, biochemistry and related fields in particular in polymer chemistry, organic chemistry and inorganic chemistry as well as chemical engineering. Johannes is also regularly handling opposition and appeal cases for his clients.
Johannes holds a lecturer position at the University of Frankfurt where he teaches chemistry students the basics of patent law.
- European Patent Attorney
- German Patent Attorney
- European Trademark & Design Attorney
- Economic Lawyer (University of Bayreuth)
- Ph.D. and Diploma in chemistry (University of Kiel)
- LLM in Technology and Intellectual Property Law (University of Liverpool)
- First state exam in law (Dipl. Jur.) (University of Kiel)
- Chemical synthesis
- Organic chemistry
- Biological chemistry
- Medicinal chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- Chemical engineering
- European Patent Institute (EPI)
- Chamber of German Patent Attorneys
- German Chemical Society (GDCh)
- Licensing Executives Society (LES)