European Patent Attorney
M.Sc. Mol. Biology
+45 2616 6900
Nicka entered the patent profession in early 2001 after his biotech start-up firm ran out of cash, when joining a large Scandinavian IP firm – who up to that time had handled the IP of his own start-up.
In his early career Nicka specialised in advising universities and early stage companies within technology transfers. He has helped several companies through IP due diligence in successful private and public financing rounds and in giving firms advice on license negotiations.
Nicka understands the value of IP as a business tool, and clients appreciate his pragmatic commercial approach combined with his experience of patent prosecution and strategy in working with small, medium and large companies and academic institutions, ranging from spin-outs to multinationals.
Over the years as team leader and partner, Nicka developed interest in management, and in 2012 moved on to become CEO of one of Europe’s largest IP firms. In 2014, Nicka joined a newly founded patent boutique.
The entrepreneurial drive led to the founding of aera in the beginning of 2018, where Nicka will carry forward the desire to serve his clients, who cherish and value his devotion to solve complicated technical and legal issues before the EPO in both prosecution end opposition proceedings.
Managing IP: IP Star 2021
Recommended Individual – IAM Patent 1000 2021
Listed in IAM Strategy 300: The World’s Leading IP Strategists
- European Patent Attorney
- European Design Attorney
- Certificate European Patent Litigation Course (Centre d’Etudes Internationales de là Propriété Intellectuelle), Université de Strasbourg, France
- Business Management Competence Development Program, School of Business and Social Sciences, The University of Aarhus, Denmark,
- Molecular biologist, Master of Science, The University of Aarhus, Denmark
- Diagnostics & prognostic markers
- Molecular biology, particular recombinant nucleic acid
- Immunology & vaccination techniques
- Food technology
- Technology transfer & scouting
- IP value extraction
- ADIPA (formerly The Danish Association of Patent Agents)
- European Patent Institute (EPI)